Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Pungirls! #25
MEETING NEW FRIENDS COMICS!




I fixed some ramen for dinner, to eat while I worked on the comic. But here's the crazy thing: I got so into coloring the comic, I forgot about the ramen! I just left the bowl there beside the desk until it became room-temperature.
It's been a kind of crazy day in general. This morning I got up, got breakfast, got ready to go out the door, and the car battery was run down. I had left the lights on all night and the car was out of juice. I couldn't catch a bus, the last bus that goes downtown and has a stop within walking distance had left already. So I called the AAA guy, who came after about 45 minutes and charged my battery up, and he said that I needed to let the car run for about 20 minutes before driving off or anything, and also that I needed a new battery. The car smelled funny and I'd seen the corroded deposits on the poles when he charged it, so I decided to take his advice and get that fixed right away.
So on the way to work, another detour to the auto parts place, where they hook me up with a new battery etc.. It's thirty minutes, the guy at the counter says. Very well then; so it goes; I read a few chapters in Moby-Dick while they're doin' their battery-putting-in thing. The charge is some $130 or thereabouts. I put it on the credit card. By now it's about 1 PM, and we're off down the highway again with a new battery, late as all heck and praying the lyrics to Less Than Jake's song "Bridge and Tunnel Authority": "Please pass some sanity, Saint of Mediocrity." 'cause I'm goin' crazy here.
I get to the hospital parking garage where I park when I drive to work, and I drive up and down the parking garage, following long chains of cars, and there is no place to park. There is absolutely no place to park. I note a few places that would be places to park, if the people who had parked next to them had not parked about a tire-width over the line; the spots at the hospital are already outrageously small. after driving up and down, up and down, up and down and up once more, with my brother's mix CD playing everything from Rammstein to Utada Hikaru to Jimmy Eat World to Love Songs With Mr. Lunt, I finally find a parking space. Maybe.
Let me tell you, I should get the Congressional Medal of Parking for maneuvering myself into this space. There was about two inches of clearance on either side, I kid you not, and I slid my behemoth of a van in there without so much as touching an atom of either car on my sides. Getting out of the van proved difficult, as there was no space whatsoever to open the doors, but I solved the problem by going out the back of the van.
I got to work and stayed until 7:30 to make up the time I'd missed in the morning. Whug! Long day. And that meant that I missed most of tonight's Thirst meeting at church--at which I had hoped Ash and Anthony would show up, but of course they didn't. So then I came home and made this comic, and now you are up to speed.
At any rate, we now return to your regular schedule of regularly scheduled comics. You can come back here on Friday, and if you come too early there will not be a comic up. But if you come on Saturday, I will have posted the comic up at some point on Friday and you will be able to see it. Sometimes I like to come on Fridays just to heighten the anticipation, but you're free to come whenever you like. You can even come more than once, that's just how we roll.
I fixed some ramen for dinner, to eat while I worked on the comic. But here's the crazy thing: I got so into coloring the comic, I forgot about the ramen! I just left the bowl there beside the desk until it became room-temperature.
It's been a kind of crazy day in general. This morning I got up, got breakfast, got ready to go out the door, and the car battery was run down. I had left the lights on all night and the car was out of juice. I couldn't catch a bus, the last bus that goes downtown and has a stop within walking distance had left already. So I called the AAA guy, who came after about 45 minutes and charged my battery up, and he said that I needed to let the car run for about 20 minutes before driving off or anything, and also that I needed a new battery. The car smelled funny and I'd seen the corroded deposits on the poles when he charged it, so I decided to take his advice and get that fixed right away.
So on the way to work, another detour to the auto parts place, where they hook me up with a new battery etc.. It's thirty minutes, the guy at the counter says. Very well then; so it goes; I read a few chapters in Moby-Dick while they're doin' their battery-putting-in thing. The charge is some $130 or thereabouts. I put it on the credit card. By now it's about 1 PM, and we're off down the highway again with a new battery, late as all heck and praying the lyrics to Less Than Jake's song "Bridge and Tunnel Authority": "Please pass some sanity, Saint of Mediocrity." 'cause I'm goin' crazy here.
I get to the hospital parking garage where I park when I drive to work, and I drive up and down the parking garage, following long chains of cars, and there is no place to park. There is absolutely no place to park. I note a few places that would be places to park, if the people who had parked next to them had not parked about a tire-width over the line; the spots at the hospital are already outrageously small. after driving up and down, up and down, up and down and up once more, with my brother's mix CD playing everything from Rammstein to Utada Hikaru to Jimmy Eat World to Love Songs With Mr. Lunt, I finally find a parking space. Maybe.
Let me tell you, I should get the Congressional Medal of Parking for maneuvering myself into this space. There was about two inches of clearance on either side, I kid you not, and I slid my behemoth of a van in there without so much as touching an atom of either car on my sides. Getting out of the van proved difficult, as there was no space whatsoever to open the doors, but I solved the problem by going out the back of the van.
I got to work and stayed until 7:30 to make up the time I'd missed in the morning. Whug! Long day. And that meant that I missed most of tonight's Thirst meeting at church--at which I had hoped Ash and Anthony would show up, but of course they didn't. So then I came home and made this comic, and now you are up to speed.
At any rate, we now return to your regular schedule of regularly scheduled comics. You can come back here on Friday, and if you come too early there will not be a comic up. But if you come on Saturday, I will have posted the comic up at some point on Friday and you will be able to see it. Sometimes I like to come on Fridays just to heighten the anticipation, but you're free to come whenever you like. You can even come more than once, that's just how we roll.
Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
What a day! Sorry about missing Thirst... after work i had lost all motivation to go anywhere on Wednesday. Some days it's just too far to go for me.
I wouldn't mind seeing Rene Descartes back in action if you can fit him into a decent pun!
-Anthony
I wouldn't mind seeing Rene Descartes back in action if you can fit him into a decent pun!
-Anthony
dude... next time, get your battery tested before you replace it... AutoZone does it for free, and they sell less expensive batteries and put them in for free...
Descartes vs. Nietzsche
DEATH MATCH!!!!
Descartes vs. Nietzsche
DEATH MATCH!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home

